My morning cup of coffee is one of those things I really savor in life. It doesn’t always happen, but I really try to sit down and just be when having my cup first thing in the morning. It’s my way of mentally preparing myself for the day ahead!
Because of that alone, I don’t think I would ever give up my little luxurious cup of coffee. I know many have opinions stronger than the darkest blend concerning coffee. I don’t think drinking 10 cups a day is a good idea, but I don’t see an issue with moderate consumption. In fact, I think it can be beneficial…
This brings me to the point of today’s post: the benefits of coffee, or more accurately, why I think coffee is good for me 😉
- I drink coffee as a pre-workout of sorts (I workout in the morning and I have my only cup of coffee in the morning…it just works out). It gives me a little boost without giving me jitters or ingredients I can’t pronounce.
- Continuing on with the workout theme, the caffeine helps me with endurance through my workouts. I have noticed when I workout right after coffee I tend to have the energy to go longer rather than when I go and workout in the afternoon or evening.
- It gives me a mood boost…I can wakeup on the wrong side of the bed in the most stressed out, anxiety filled, cranky mood ever, but mid-way through coffee and I feel my mood being lifted.
- I find that I can focus a little better after my cup in the morning.
- Besides all of my own reasons, I have read that coffee has a good amount of antioxidants, it may help prevent brain diseases like Alzheimer’s, and possibly even prevent heart disease.
It’s Monday friends so enjoy your cup of coffee and get your week started right! 🙂