Staying motivated to work out and eat better can be really hard, but I wanted to bring you a few things you can do to continue to stay excited for your healthy lifestyle journey!
- Nourish your body! If you’re not feeding your body, you won’t have the energy to work out in the first place.
- Set yourself up with a playlist of music, videos, or books to listen to during your workouts. Some people will start a book and only listen to it while at the gym. That way you have to keep working out to find out what happens!
- Get some cute workout clothes: if you love clothes then find some fun leggings or tanks to get you in the gym!
- Focus on that post workout feeling…I don’t know about you guys, but I LOVE the post workout high. Right after my workout I feel super motivated to come back the next day, but sometimes the feeling doesn’t last till the next morning. So I tend to remind myself what a great, happy feeling that was and how good my body physically felt. This will usually have me running to my workout…
- Do what you love!! I say this in almost every workout post. If you hate running, don’t run. You will lose motivation quick and you will dread…DREAD working out. You don’t want that. Trust me!
- Rest days are important too…if you don’t give your body rest, you will feel tired and your workouts will suffer. Just give your body some love and it’ll love you back.
- Switch it up: if you are anything like me, doing the same thing can quickly become dull. Incorporate some fun new movements into your workouts to prevent boredom and have you looking forward to your next session.
- Take pictures! Sometimes we forget where we started from and having pictures to look back on and compare can help. When we see results, we get excited and that’s great for building healthier bodies!
- Have a workout buddy: Knowing that someone else is depending on you to keep a workout date might be enough to at least get you in the door. Your workout buddy is great for keeping you accountable and for encouragement…it’s also just fun to have someone else to workout with.
At the end of the day, just listen to your body. Every body is different and will react differently to workouts and foods. Don’t get discouraged if something doesn’t work for you the way it does for your bestie. Just keep at it, do what you love and your body will thank you.