Exercise is important in overall function of our bodies. I’ve said it before, if we don’t move it…we’ll lose it. I don’t want to lose it! I am in a career where I need to be strong and healthy physically, mentally, and emotionally. Besides that I want to be strong and healthy for myself. It’s not about looking like someone else or the number on the scale, but being the healthiest me! Exercise contributes to all of that.
The great thing about exercise is that it can be whatever you make of it. There are so many gyms and great classes. There are plenty of amazing personal trainers out there too! That being said we can’t all afford a gym and maybe you just don’t have the extra time to drive to a class. For you guys I have some good solutions…
These may be things I have discussed in previous posts, but I wanted to bring you a list of ways you can incorporate movement into your everyday routine. Let’s get started!
- Popsugar Fitness: These are great at home YouTube workouts that incorporate little to no equipment. They have all types of exercises and different lengths of time…everything from 10-40 minutes. You can do what works for you, when it works for you, however long you have time for it.
- Pinterest: Go and type in fitness and you will get a LOT of workout graphics…arms to calves. It’ll give you something for whatever you happen to be working out that day. Pinterest is great for some fitspiration when you’re running low!
- Walking: I am a big advocate for walking as much as you can, wherever you can. Walk to dinner so you’ll have to walk back after dinner. Start parking far, far away.
- Cleaning: Surprisingly cleaning is not only good for decluttering your home, it’s good for your health too (not just mental)! You’re actually burning some calories with all the vacuuming, laundrying, and scrubbing…so clean on friends!
- Stretching: I feel like this is important! Before and after exercise do some stretches to warm up and cool down. For every hour you’re sitting down I would say get up and stretch or walk in place or around the office for at the very least a few minutes. Get that blood circulating!!
- YouTube: If PopSugar doesn’t have what you’re looking for, there’s a very good chance YouTube will help you find a good at home workout. Whether that be yoga, Pilates, or whatever else!
- Whatever you want: Jumping jacks, squats, push-ups, lunges, calf raises, wall sits, bicep curls with water bottles, sit ups, 100s, mountain climbers, and on and on.
The most important take away from all of this is to incorporate what you ENJOY doing and add in little changes such as parking farther or taking the stairs. If you do something you hate, you won’t do it for long. When you do what you like and what works for your body it’s more likely to become a lifestyle rather than another fad. So you do you boo and get that body moving!